We live in fascinating times. One interesting thing about today’s comic is that while it’s not exactly ripped from the headlines, it is somewhat factual. Human beings can derive anything from, well, pretty much anything. We ingest mold to cure headaches. We put toxins into our faces to reverse the horrors of natural aging. And don’t get me started on where we get dyes from.
But I digress. There are several cures to human ailments that are tucked away in common items. For example:
- If found in large enough quantities, Kryptonite can cure Lupus
- Burning a distant relative’s house relieves most symptoms of lactose intolerance
- Sacrificing a live goat has been scientifically proven to ensure a good harvest
- Biting into acclaimed filmmaker George Lucas can actually make a person immortal
- Eating an old-timey film reel will cause a random baby to glow in the dark
Even I think a few of those are ridiculous, but there’s no arguing with facts. I punched a wild boar and automatcially received a week’s supply of niacin. That’s the kind of result you can take to the bank. The money bank.